Welcome to this incredible community where we talk about all things kid-related! I’m Dani. I’m the KidNurse. I’m so thankful you are here and we welcome you with open arms!
If you are like most of my readers, you can probably relate with the following thoughts:
- You love your children more than anything.
- You want desperately to give your children a healthy, happy life. You want to make the parenting decisions that lead to these positive outcomes for your children.
- You feel inundated by the sheer amount of different opinions about children found in parenting books/resources and held by your family and friends. This is frequently overwhelming and frustrating to you.
- You want reliable answers to the questions you have about your children, and you generally want them quickly. Going to your pediatric health provider when every question comes up isn’t always necessary or possible, so you look online. However, you are frequently concerned about the quality and trustability of what you then find online. Sometimes you feel like you are at the mercy of Google search results and you’re left not really knowing what to do for your children.
- You understand that parenting is the HARDEST adventure you’ve ever been on. You want to surround yourself with encouragement, but you aren’t always sure where to turn.
I understand where you are coming from. After seeing thousands of children and their parents as a pediatric nurse practitioner, I heard these same concerns expressed time and time again in my exam room. So, I started reading what my patient’s parents were reading. I spent countless hours on popular parenting sites and scrolling through forums. You know what I found? Exactly what you did. It’s a messy, harsh online world out there when it comes to pediatric health. It’s no wonder that so many parents feel confused!
So, I wanted to do something about that. I created KidNurse.
Why I Do This:
I started KidNurse because I love children and I truly believe I can help you. This is a platform where I help parents navigate this big (and sometimes scary) world of pediatric health. Instead of keeping my years of education and experience with children exclusively in the exam room, I want to share it online. While KidNurse should never replace the relationship you have with your pediatric health provider, I understand that parenting is rapidly changing. As a result, providing pediatric education and information needs to change with it and meet parents where they are at. I want the information on KidNurse to not only be easily accessible online to parents, but have quality that you can rely on. My goal and hope is that KidNurse will become a valuable resource for your parenthood journey.
My Health Philosophy:
- I believe that all life in all stages is beautiful, miraculous and precious. Children need our ever-watchful protection and unconditional love.
- I believe in evidence-based practice. Evidence-based practice is a method of providing care that is both safe and effective and founded on quality research. This is extremely important to me because children are the best gifts that we can ever be given. Children need health care that is proven to be safe and effective.
- I believe there is more than one way to raise a healthy, happy child. In fact, there are many, many ways. We can embrace and learn from other methods, even if they are not our own.
- I believe we won’t always agree on everything, and that’s completely okay. Loving children and keeping them safe is the bottom line, and we will always agree on that.
- I believe, as a parent, you know your child best. I will always respect your thoughts and feelings as the parent of your child.
- I believe in writing for today. I will alway do my best to present the most current pediatric perspective, but I realize that with time and new research developments, pediatric health will change. As I grow over time and gain more experience, my opinion may change as well. Learning and embracing new concepts and ideas is an essential part of our growth.
- I believe we are all so far from perfect. But we need to remember that perfection is not our goal! Rather, as a community, we strive to be excellent and authentic when it comes to children’s health.
- I believe that every parent needs encouragement. Giving encouragement is one of my favorite things in the whole world. I strive to be encouraging with all my content at KidNurse. Kids don’t come with manuals, so it’s important to have resources and a community of supporters championing parents on as we navigate this uncharted territory together. I ask that all my readers be a source of encouragement as well.
My Most Read Posts:
Join our private FB Community:
Want to get involved with KidNurse? Please come join our active community of parents discussing kids health and introduce yourself!
Subscribe to KidNurse:
Don’t want to miss a beat? Click here to subscribe. I will happily send you email updates, blogs and pediatric health tools designed to make parenting life a little bit easier.
Please remember that the content at KidNurse should never replace the relationship you have with your pediatric health provider. We do not diagnose or treat. The information contained on this website is for networking and informational purposes only. Please contact your healthcare provider for specific medical advice and/or treatment recommendations. The information you share here is public and can be viewed by all users. The opinions expressed on this site are the personal opinions of the original author(s). All content is copyrighted.
Sometimes I receive products/services compliments of various companies. I only commit to sharing a review of products I love and think my readers will too. I am also a member of affiliate programs. This means if you purchase an item from a link I provide, I might receive a commission. I only share products and services that I would personally use and think are a good fit for my readers. Thank you for supporting the sponsors that help support KidNurse.
I welcome your comments and feedback, and promise to respond as quickly as possible. I want KidNurse to be an engaging, encouraging environment where we can tackle children’s health together. In private practice, I have the philosophy that every parent can be encouraged and inspired, no matter their skill-level, experience, or personal beliefs. I ask that my commenters adopt the same philosophy, and make KidNurse a place of healthy encouragement and constructive advice, not criticism.
The information you share in blog comments is public and can be viewed by all users of this site. Comments will be reviewed, moderated and posted as long as they are kind, on-topic, appropriate, and compliant with state and federal laws and regulations. Comments that are off-topic or contain offensive or hurtful language or spam however, will be deleted. KidNurse is not responsible for the content of comments.