There is something you can do with your kids every day that will affect them for their whole lives: read together. Even reading with your kids for only 15 minutes a day makes a difference. Today I wanted to talk about some of the best books for babies and toddlers.
I know it can be hard to get excited about story time when you are on your 10,000th reading of Goodnight Moon. But, remember, outside of important language skill development, increased vocabulary, critical thinking skills, and helping your child reach social-emotional milestones, the time you spend reading to your baby allows you to connect and bond. Some of my favorite early childhood memories include reading with my mom and dad.
The Best Books For Babies And Toddlers
To make your next trip to the library easier, I have put together a list of some of my favorite books for babies and toddlers. Note: this post contains affiliate links.
2. All of Sandra Boynton’s books Her beautiful graphics and entertaining sense of humor make for a wonderful read! Her tribe of animal friends will become an instant hit for your little ones, too!
4. Love You Forever Remember your tissues! Dare you to get through this without crying!
6. The Little Engine That Could It doesn’t get more classic than the Little Engine That Could. This book is famous for good reason; it is a beautiful introduction to the virtue of persistence. A must read with your child!
8. The Monster At The End Of This Book I read this book over and over as a child. If your child is a fan of Sesame Street, don’t miss this one!
11. Eyes, Nose, Fingers, and Toes Call me biased, but I love teaching children anatomy as soon as possible! Children love to identify body parts, and this book is very helpful with that learning process.
13. The Snowy Day
14. Once Upon A Potty Must have for little ones taking on potty training!
15. Pat The Bunny
16. The Beginner’s Bible My dad would read to us from this book every night before bed. Memories I’ll cherish forever.
17. All of the Dr Seuss Books
What books would you add to this list? Please share your favorite books for babies or toddlers in the comments.