To continue my best books to read with kids series, today I’m sharing some of my favorite books for kids grade 1-5 with this list of the best books for elementary students.
As your kids get older, they will spend more time reading independently. It’s still important to spend time reading together every day, both to continue helping your child build their reading skills and as a source of quality time. Every book you read together is a memory you are building. I still look back fondly on the books my parents read with me and my siblings when we were kids.
The Best Books For Elementary Students
To make your next trip to the library or bookstore easier, here’s the list of some of my favorite books for elementary students. Note: this post contains affiliate links.
1. The Dot
6. Paddington Bear Series The world’s most adorable and lovable bear! It’s no wonder this book has sold over 35 million copies!
9. Where the Sidewalk Ends Wonderful introduction to poetry from Shel Silverstein.
11. Charlotte’s Web
12. Harriet The Spy
14. Stuart Little
17. Katie Woo Series
18. The Hobbit The adventures of Bilbo Baggins is sure to keep your child on their toes!
21. Mary Poppins If you are a fan of the classic movie, you will recognize characters pulled from several different books in this series.
25. Chronicles of Narnia Series MY ALL TIME FAVORITE! Encourage your children to read the entire series, not just The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. You don’t want to miss out on any of C.S. Lewis’s magic.
27. Fudge Series
29. Black Beauty
31. Treasure Island
35. Anne of Green Gables Series Remember, it’s Anne with an E. 😉
36. The Great Fire
38. Johnny Tremain
44. Where The Red Fern Grows It’s impossible to read this amazing book without crying. Old Dan and Little Ann have been melting hearts for decades with the powerful bond between man and man’s best friend.
47. Okay For Now
What books would you add to this list? Please share your favorite books for elementary students in the comments.